How Do I Know if I Need Help?
Congratulations! You have already taken the first step toward getting healthy. Whether or not you have an addiction, you would not be asking the question if your drinking or drug use weren’t causing problems. Taking an honest look at yourself is hard, but the rewards of a healthy, positive life are worth it.
Below, we’ve listed only a few of the many warning signs that your drinking or drug use is out of control. If you can answer “yes” to even one of these questions, it may be time to get help. We hope you’ll contact us to learn how to get healthy and stay healthy.
- Do you hide your drinking or drug use?
- Do you find yourself planning your day around drinking or using substances?
- Have you tried to quit, only to find excuses to start again?
- Do you find yourself justifying your drinking/drug use to yourself or others?
- Has your drinking/drug use led you to engage in dangerous behavior?
- Have you driven drunk or do you have any other legal problems because of your drinking?
- Have family or close friends complained about your drinking or drug use?
- Do you drink/use substances to escape from stress?
View the full self-test established by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.