At Shorewood House, we meet the unique needs of each woman who walks through our doors. Our team is dedicated to helping women identify and address their concerns with a strong sense of compassion and commitment to providing excellent clinical care.
Shorewood House is a division of Meta House, a Milwaukee-area nonprofit that has been providing comprehensive addiction treatment to women since 1963. Shorewood House is newly renovated and first opened its doors in July 2015. Also offering expert addiction treatment services to women, Shorewood House features upgraded amenities in a warm, suburban setting.
Why you might consider referring women to us?
- We are strength-based; we empower women to build upon their strengths rather than focus on their shortcomings.
- Treatment is designed to meet the unique needs of each woman. With a capacity of only eight at Shorewood House, treatment is highly personalized. The program offers both individual and group therapy.
- We are gender specific; over 50 years of experience has proven that women tend to do better in treatment when they are engaged in woman-only groups.
- We offer a warm, non-hospital treatment environment. Shorewood House is situated on a lovely, tree-lined street in a warm and welcoming suburb of Milwaukee.
- We recognize that addiction rarely occurs in a vacuum. Whether battling a co-occurring mental health diagnoses or plagued by a history of trauma, our staff takes a trauma-informed approach and is specially trained to help women address the root causes of their addiction.
- We use evidence-based practices.
- We take a holistic approach that includes experiential therapies including art therapy, yoga and meditation. Women will also have access to a gym and nutritious meal options.
With the client’s consent, we are happy to maintain communication with a referent regarding a client’s progress in our program. We’re also happy to collaborate with a referent should the client be pursuing a different level of care after she completes treatment with us.
If you would like to refer a client to our residential substance use disorder treatment program, feel free to contact us at (414) 977-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our helpful staff is on-hand to assist you in helping a woman overcome addiction to achieve the life she desires and deserves.
When you’re ready, we’re here.
Join our email newsletter for inspiration and information.